Automation testing is the best way to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and coverage of your software testing.
Selenium web driver is capturing web automation market because of its features like :
- It’s an open source tool that allows you to write tests many programming languages like Java, Ruby, C# and Python.
- Selenium can be setup on Windows, Linux, and MAC OS.
- It provides an API which is easy to explore and undrestand.
- Selenium IDE – Its a firefox addon that allows to record an playback tests on firefox.
- Selenium Grid – It allows you to run your tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel.
- Selenium web Driver allows to automate Mobile browser and native apps through Appium, IOS Driver and Selendroid tools.
Why Selenium ?
Selenium is one of the most popular open source web automation tool in the market.
I hope the information provided below helps you to understand that why selenium is better as compare other testing frameworks.
- Selenium is open source software that one can download and use without any charge and one can also do enhancements in tool as per its requirement.
- Selenium is a tool that can be easily used with an open source IDE like Eclipse.
- Selenium allows you to write tests in many programming languages like Java, Ruby, C# and Python.
- Selenium could be used in windows, Linux and Macintosh Operation systems.
- Selenium supports multiple browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari.
- Selenium has capability to execute scripts on remote machines parallely.
- Selenium also provides Record/playback feature(Selenium IDE).
- Android/IOS native and hybrid apps automation is also possible using Selenium. There are another open source tools available in the market such as Appium, IOS-Driver and Selendroid. These tools drive iOS and Android apps using the WebDriver JSON wire protocol.