Selenium is one of the most popular open source web automation tool in the market.
I hope the information provided below helps you to understand that why selenium is better as compare other testing frameworks.
- Selenium is open source software that one can download and use without any charge and one can also do enhancements in tool as per its requirement.
- Selenium is a tool that can be easily used with an open source IDE like Eclipse.
- Selenium allows you to write tests in many programming languages like Java, Ruby, C# and Python.
- Selenium could be used in windows, Linux and Macintosh Operation systems.
- Selenium supports multiple browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari.
- Selenium has capability to execute scripts on remote machines parallely.
- Selenium also provides Record/playback feature(Selenium IDE).
- Android/IOS native and hybrid apps automation is also possible using Selenium. There are another open source tools available in the market such as Appium, IOS-Driver and Selendroid. These tools drive iOS and Android apps using the WebDriver JSON wire protocol.