NOTE : In this Post, We are explaining the Appium and Android setup for JAVA.
Steps to be followed :
1. Download and install latest JDK (JAVA Development Kit).
2. Download and install Android SDK.
3. Download and install Appium tool.
4. Download Appium Java client.
5. SET JAVA_HOME environment variable which points to your JDK directory’s \jdk\ folder. See screen shot below
6. Set ANDROID_HOME environment variable which points to your SDK directory’s \sdk\ folder. See screen shot below
7. Download Selenium standalone Jar.
8. Download Eclipse.
9. Download and install Genymotion. We will setup emulator(Soft Android phone) using this tool which we will use later to run our automated script. Genymotion emulators are comparatively faster as compare to the emulators provided by Android SDK
10. Restart your System.
11. Launch Genymotion emulator and open Command Prompt and then navigate to your Android SDK’s \platform-tools\ directory (Eg. C:\Users\him.p\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools). Run “adb devices” command. You should see your connected devices listed in Command Prompt window.
NOTE : If you see in the above screen shot, one address is written (192.168.215.101:5555), this is basically the unique id through which Appium recognizes the device. You will have to mentioned this id in your script so that Appium can recognize the device.
Start Appium Server
Once You open Appium, it looks like as in below screenshot. Now You have to start Appium server by clicking on Start Server button.
Once you click on Start Server button, it will start Appium Server at default IP address and port number(0.0.0.0:4723). You can change the IP address and port number, if required. Just have a look at below screen shot.
Once you done with the installation mentioned above, next step is to create Appium script which we will run on Genymotion emulator using Appium. Kindly refer next post for this.
If you really like the information provided above, please don’t forget to leave the comment. You can also like us on Facebook.